I know there are plenty of you out there who are using Spiro (Spironolactone) currently or who have used it in the past. I get lots of emails asking about my Spiro experience, and aside from my brief story about how Spiro affected my hairloss and PCOS, I don’t have a ton of experience with it. I do know plenty of people who have used this drug, and the experiences really seem to vary. Sooooo…if you have experience with Spiro, I was hoping you might share your story in the comments. Some things to think about:
1) Why were you prescribed Spiro?
2) Were you already experiencing hairloss? What about other PCOS-type symptoms?
3) Did Spiro cause your hair to shed at a rapid rate in the beginning? If so, when did it taper off?
4) Did you see any regrowth?
5) If you were on it for other reasons, i.e. excess body hair, acne, etc., how did it help (presuming it did)?
6) What dose were you on?
Those are just a few questions off the top of my (hairless) head. If you have anything else to add outside of that list, please feel free!
Seems there are a ton of ladies out there with questions about Spiro, so I’d be so grateful for any experiences you can share. I’m sure they will be, too!